To change the font your website uses, first in the General Settings menu, enable the “Use Custom Font” switch.
Then you have two options of what fonts to change your website to:
Standard Web Safe Fonts:
These are fonts that are installed on users computers by default. Here is a list of ones that we can recommend using:
- Arial Black
- Times New Roman
- Courier New
Google Web Fonts:
Google now provides an amazing free service where you can load custom fonts into web pages. This vastly extends the number of fonts you can potentially use on your website.
You can search and find the font you desire here
Once you have found a font you like:
- Select the middle grey button on left of the Font (Quick Use)
- Tick the Normal (400) and Bold (700) Styles. If these are not present for your font it is not fully compatible with Fleur.
- In the next section, Select the URL between the first two apostrophes and press CTRL+C\CMD+C (Copy) before releasing your mouse in order to copy only the URL.
- If the copying method is not working, simply copy & paste the entire box and remove everything before https:// and everything after the final number.
- The final URL you end up with should look similar to https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700
- Paste this URL into the Custom Font URL (Google) field in your Theme Settings
- Type the exact Font name into the Custom Font Name field of your Theme Settings
If you would like any additional help with changing the fonts on your website, Please don’t hesitate to Contact Us!